The greatest moments in life are best enjoyed with a full laugh and confident smiles. Unfortunately even the happiest person may be hesitant to smile if they don’t have any teeth to show during it!
At Smiles Nambour, we can give you a reason to smile again. With restorative dentistry options such as dentures, you can enjoy many happy moments with a new and improved smile.
Read on and learn more about how your Smiles Nambour dentist can help.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are a tooth replacement option composed of a set of false teeth attached to a plastic (called acrylic) or to a metal.
Dentures are removable and have two types – partial and full dentures.
Partial dentures are recommended for those who still have natural teeth left and are only missing a few others. In some cases, a dental implant is used together with the false teeth. The implants serve as the posts holding the bridge into place.
Full dentures – This type of denture is recommended for those who have very few or have lost all of their natural teeth. The upper and lower arches are attached with the dentures.
Benefits Of Dentures
Dentures are known and chosen for their many practical and aesthetic benefits such as:
- Return structure to your face
- Improved bite and chewing capacity
- Restored speech capacity
- Distribute pressure in the mouth particularly during chewing
- Can be removed for better cleaning
Dentures Application Process At Smiles Nambour
Getting dentures as replacement for your missing teeth is quick and easy at Comfort Dental Centre Buderim. Once your dentist has established, by checking the health of your gums and jawbone, that you are an ideal candidate an impression and measurements of your mouth will be taken.
This will be sent to the laboratory for the fabrication of your dentures. Your dentures will be carefully fabricated to ensure perfect fit and optimum performance.
Care Tips For Your Dentures
Your dentures can last a long time with proper care. The following are quick and easy care tips that you should follow:
- Always check your diet. Be mindful of sharp, hard, and sticky foods as they can cause cracks on your dentures.
- When removing your dentures, stand over a towel or a soft material to cushion your dentures in case of an accidental fall.
- Do not let your dentures go dry. Keep them moist by soaking them in a cleanser or clean tap water when not in use.
- In cleaning your dentures, use a soft-bristled toothbrush. Do not forget to brush your gums and tongue as well.
- If you see cracks on your dentures, do not attempt to fix them yourself. See your dentist right away. Denture repair kits are ineffective and can cause even more damage to your dentures.
Premium Quality Dentures At Smiles Nambour
There are always reasons to smile at Smiles Nambour. Do not let your missing teeth prevent you from having fun. With top-notch dentistry in our office, smiling has never been this easy.
Call (07) 5441 4438 or visit us at 4/104 Currie Street in Nambour.