Having healthy teeth can benefit you not only on your oral health but as well as your entire body health. There are five simple steps you can religiously follow every day to maintain good dental health.
1. Brush your teeth and tongue twice in a day.
– Use toothbrush with soft nylon bristles and don’t brush too hard because it can wear out the natural coating of you teeth’s enamel. Wait first until the acids in your mouth neutralise before you brush your teeth. Preferably, wait 30-45 minutes after you drink or eat before brushing.
2. Floss every day
– Small food particles are stuck between the tight spaces of your teeth. You can’t clean between your teeth whenever you brush so to remove these small food particles between your teeth, floss once a day, preferably before you sleep at night. Floss your teeth before you brush so that the fluoride from your toothpaste can get good reach between the teeth. Flossing takes time so make sure you do it in your most convenient time. Don’t rush and clean each tooth carefully.
3. Eat a well-balanced diet
– Healthy diet can help you in many ways including achieving healthier teeth. The minerals you get from fruits and vegetables strengthen not only your bones but also your teeth. Your strong immune system can also help you fight off the bacteria that come from your mouth and go inside your body through the blood stream.
4. Don’t smoke and chew tobacco
– Smoking affects how the gum tissue function. Tobacco products contain at least 28 chemicals that can harm your body and can cause you oral cancer. Your gums have the tendency to recede when the chemicals from smoking irritate them. When that happens, you are very prone to gingivitis or periodontitis. Smoking also results in staining of teeth which can be unattractive.
5. Visit you dentist regularly
– Visit your dentist after every six months. This will help you keep track of your dental health so that you can avoid getting dental problems. Your dentist can help you maintain and improve your dental health.
Dentist Sunshine Coast
Healthy and bright smiles can benefit you in more ways than what you can imagine. It can help you improve your general well being. For high quality dental services, visit your Dentist Sunshine Coast at Smiles Nambour.
Call us on (07) 5441 4438 or book online. Same Day Appointment Available, Request it Now!