A person earnestly seeking treatments to mend smile imperfections might daydream of having porcelain veneers. This cosmetic dentistry treatment is a big hit right now. People who are insecure about their teeth find porcelain veneers as an ideal investment. To help you get to know veneers more – whether or not it is suited for you – we at Smiles Nambour listed down the essential facts.
Facts About Porcelain Veneers
- It was actors who first used veneers to improve their smiles during shoots.
- Charles Pincus invented porcelain veneers in the year 1928.
- The adhesive used to bond veneers on the teeth before was incapable of keeping the prostheses intact for an extended time. With that, the discovery of the technique called “etching” was a big help.
- The etching process was tested on veneers by the two great men: Simonsen and Calamia.
Facts About Its Benefits
- The material used for veneers, which is porcelain, is known to be highly resistant to stains.
- The prostheses are proven long-lasting. In fact, patients can relish a picture-perfect smile with porcelain veneers for up to ten years.
- These ultra-thin shells are designed to conceal teeth irregularities like chips, cracks, gaps, crookedness, and discolourations.
- Veneers can dramatically change the appearance of a person’s smile.
- The procedure only requires two dental visits to finish.
Porcelain veneers are everyone’s go-to cosmetic treatment. Aside from its superb benefits, the prostheses do not need any special aftercare. Patients can use their normal oral care routine to keep the veneers clean and immaculate-looking. It is unnecessary for them to get away from their favourite beverages because as mentioned above, porcelain veneers cannot get stained.
Porcelain veneers are durable. But regardless of their strength, the prostheses are still susceptible to chipping. Refrain from using them as tools. We at Smiles Nambour also recommend patients to visit the dentist twice a year for cleanings and checkups. These two procedures are not just beneficial to the veneers but for the overall oral health as well.
Bring out your best smile with Cosmetic Dentistry in Nambour, QLD, book your appointments with Smiles Nambour! Visit us at 4/104 Currie Street, Nambour, Queensland 4560 so that you will experience outstanding results to make your teeth naturally beautiful and healthy.