Top reasons for dry mouth:
1. Medications such as decongestants, antihistamines, and diuretics are just a few examples of medications that contribute to dry mouth.
2. Medical Treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation can injure salivary glands leading to a dry mouth. Head and neck surgery can also be a contributing factor.
3. Dehydration can leave a mouth dry. Make sure to drink plenty of water on hot days, exercising or when running a fever.
4. Open Mouth Breathing is common for many sleeping individuals. This significantly dries out the mouth, especially during the dry, winter months.
5. Aging can cause decreased salivary gland function.
6. Tobacco Use of any kind will cause saliva flow to decreaseDetails