In this session, our dentists in Nambour present to you the cons and pros of Clear Aligners in Nambour.
Orthodontic treatments for straightening crooked teeth and misalignment have never been more accessible than they are today. The only downside of having more options is the difficulty of choosing what’s best for you!
Braces and Invisalign (clear aligners) in Nambour are two of the most popular teeth straightening treatments dentists get asked about. Clear Aligners, the newer option leaves plenty of patients wondering if this automatically means it is better. To help you get an idea of which option may be for you, here’s a breakdown of both treatments and what makes them unique.
Invisalign – Clear Aligners in Nambour
A modern treatment, Invisalign involves wearing a set of removable clear aligners over your teeth for up to 22 hours per day (they can be removed for brushing, flossing and eating). Every few weeks, you change to a different sized set of aligners, to gradually adjust your smile.
- Discrete appearance, clear aligners are almost invisible when worn!
- Removable – this is a major benefit that will come up often
- Easy to clean (because they’re removable!)
- No dietary restrictions (because they’re removable!)
- More comfortable than traditional metal braces
- Suitable for teens and adults
- Quicker treatment time, 6 months to 2 years
- Less orthodontic visits, about every three months
- Can actually whiten teeth during treatment
- Not suitable for complex cases
- Patients need to remember to wear up to 22 hours per day
Traditional metal braces consisting of brackets have been used for centuries for orthodontic treatment. During treatment, the wires are tightened by your Orthodontist to gradually adjust your smile.
- Effective for all cases, including severe or complex cases
- Generally less costly than Invisalign*
- Customisable with coloured bands and brackets
- Visible metal appearance
- Dietary restrictions
- Difficult to clean
- Can trap bacteria
- Less comfortable, can cause irritation to the mouth
*Prices: How much do braces and clear aligners cost in Nambour?
It is important to know that braces and Invisalign costs in Nambour (and everywhere else for that matter) will vary on a case by case basis. This depends on factors such as:
- Patient’s misalignment severity and complexity
- Length of treatment and number of visits required
- Additional treatments required (such as tooth extractions prior to getting braces)
- Local discounts and promotions
- If private health insurance is applicable
Generally, Invisalign costs a little bit more than prices as the treatment requires less orthodontic visits. Both treatments offer long-term results.
So, Which Is Better, Clear Aligners -Invisalign vs. Braces?
The answer, like all things related to health care, depends on each individual patient. For patients with minor or mild misalignment issues, it’s easy to see that choosing Invisalign comes with a longer list of advantages and is better in terms of overall comfort and a quicker treatment time.
At the end of the day, orthodontic consultation is necessary to confirm which option is better for you. If your case is severe or complex, Invisalign may not be a suitable option.
Book A Consultation With Our Dentist In Nambour
Now you have a better understanding of your orthodontic treatment options, your next step is consultation! If you are interested in getting Invisalign in Nambour, a consultation with our friendly and experienced dentists will set you on the right path even if you don’t plan on getting the treatment right away.
Book an appointment online today to talk about Invisalign Clear Aligners at Smiles Nambour with Nambour Dentist.
We are currently offering a free 15-minute Clear Aligners consultation to all patients, for more information give our clinic a call and oue dentist in Nambour will be happy to help.