Causes of an infected pulp could include:
- A deep cavity or restoration
- A cracked or broken tooth
- Trauma to the tooth
Signs You Need Root Canal Treatment
Here are some of the symptoms that indicate you need to undergo root canal treatment:
- Sudden toothache when consuming hot or cold foods
- Moderate to intense tooth pain
- Loosening of tooth
- Swelling on gums, which may release blood or pus when pressed
- Pain spreads from tooth to other regions of the jaw or head
The procedure of root canal treatment involves removal of the infected nerve and pulp, as well as cleaning and sealing the inside of the tooth. The procedure normally requires two to three dental visits. Once your tooth is completely clean from the bacteria and infection, your dentist will then seal and restore the tooth using a dental crown.
Most of the time, a root canal is a relatively simple procedure with little or no discomfort involving one to three visits. If you continue to care for your teeth and gums your root canal treated tooth could last a lifetime.
However, a tooth without its nerve can still develop cavities leading to root canal failure, so regular checkups are needed in order to save your tooth and your smile. Root canal treatment is a highly successful dental procedure with a 95% success rate.
Benefits of Root Canal Treatment
- Saves your tooth from extraction
- Quick relief from recurring tooth pain and sensitivity
- Adequate protection from decay and damage
- Other teeth are protected from excessive wear or strain
- Efficient chewing and normal biting force
Safe and Effective Root Canal Treatment in Sunshine Coast
Root canal treatment is an important procedure that aims to save your tooth from pain and removal. If you are looking for a reliable dental practice to perform the procedure, then you have chosen the right place. Smiles Nambour is committed to providing safe and gentle root canal therapy performed by our highly skilled and experienced Sunshine Coast dentists. We are equipped with the best of modern dentistry and always ready to provide excellent dental solutions for that healthy and beautiful smile. Call us today on (07) 5441 4438 or simply book your appointment online.